CLUB DAY - SATURDAY Clubrooms open 1:45 pm
Events commence at 3 pm except where early start is indicated
Membership Fees - Preferably Paid online but can be paid at club Available from 1 April
these must be paid by 30 April 2020
Uniforms Available most club days
1. Membership Period - 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
2. The Senior Cross Country (XC) and Road Section welcomes Runners and Walkers of all abilities
to participate in events at a pace and effort level they feel comfortable with
Any Age 18 years and over , we have a number of 80 + members.
Members can participate solely at the club events
or register with Athletics NZ and participate in Centre and National events
3. Club Age Categories Junior Women and Men - Under 20
Senior Women and Men - 20 - 34
Masters Women 35+
Masters Men 35 - 49 ; 50 - 59 ; 60+
National and Centre Events - Generally Masters are in 5 year age groups
4. Club Course Distances - these are indicative only and different courses may be used for some club days
Cross Country (Original Course) - All Walkers , Women and Masters Men 60+ 5.6 K ;
Junior Men and Masters Men 35 - 59 7.7k , Senior Men 9.6 k
Cross Country (New Course) - GP Course - 2km, Women and Masters 60+ 6K,
Junior Men and Masters Men 35-59 8km, Senior Men 10km.
Road - Walkers and Masters Men 70 + 5.5 k ; All Women , Junior Men and Masters Men 60+ 8.2 k
Senior men and Masters Men 35-59 10 k
Except on Championship events, Members can do a longer course if they wish.
5. New Points System (We are currently using this for the 2021 season)
Catergories - Under 20 female and male, 20-34 female and male, 35-50 female and male, 50+ female and male. Overall male and overall female.
150 points - Club XC and Road Champs
100 points - For events put on by the club including events with the juniors
75 points - Running courses at the club on a non event day
75 points - Running courses at the club on a Grand Prix day
75 points - Running Athletics Auckland Grand Prix events
75 points - Auckland or National (Athletics NZ) events
50 points - Volunteering at a club event or Grand Prix event
20 points - Attending club to have a drink at the bar (fully paid members only, not social members)
Form to be filled out each week.
6. Handicap Points System (This is currently not being used, but may come back in the future) -
Club Handicap Races: 10 points for 1st place down to 1 point for 10th to last place.
Members competing in sanctioned outside events on the club calendar on weekends that there is a Handicap race at the club, will receive 10 points but must run at least 3 club handicap races to receive the points.
7. The Club Uniform must be worn on Club days including Championships days.
Including Marathon championship and all official outside events
8. All participants must compete a minimum of three events ( including timekeeping ) on the Senior XC and Road Calendar of Events to be eligible for Club XC and Road Championship titles
9. The clubrooms are open after events for members to compare their efforts.
Food and refreshment available.