CLUB DAY - SATURDAY Clubrooms open 1:45 pm
Events commence at 3 pm except where early start is indicated
Membership Fees - Preferably Paid online but can be paid at club Available from 1 April
these must be paid by 30 April 2017
Uniforms Available most club days
1. Membership Period - 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
2. The Senior Cross Country (XC) and Road Section welcomes Runners and Walkers of all abilities
to participate in events at a pace and effort level they feel comfortable with
Any Age 18 years and over , we have a number of 80 + members.
Members can participate solely at the club events
or register with Athletics NZ and participate in Centre and National events
3. Club Age Categories Junior Women and Men - Under 20
Senior Women and Men - 20 - 34
Masters Women 35+
Masters Men 35 - 49 ; 50 - 59 ; 60+
National and Centre Events - Generally Masters are in 5 year age groups
4. Club Course Distances - these are indicative only and different courses may be used for some club days
Cross Country - All Walkers , Women and Masters Men 60+ 5.6 K ;
Junior Men and Masters Men 35 - 59 7.7k , Senior Men 9.6 k
Road - Walkers and Masters Men 70 + 5.5 k ; All Women , Junior Men and Masters Men 60+ 8.2 k
Senior men and Masters Men 35-59 10 k
Except on Championship events, Members can do a longer course if they wish.
There is a new 2.75km XC course and 3km Road Course, there is no age on these courses, anyone is welcome to run or walk.
5. Handicap Points System - Club Handicap Races: 10 points for 1st place down to 1 point for 10th to last place.
Members competing in sanctioned outside events on the club calendar on weekends that there is a Handicap race
at the club, will receive 10 points but must run at least 3 club handicap races to receive the points.
6. The Club Uniform must be worn on Club days including Championships days, including Marathon championship
and all official outside events
7. All participants must compete a minimum of three events ( including timekeeping ) on the Senior XC
and Road Calendar of Events to be eligible for Club XC and Road Championship titles
8. The clubrooms are open after events for members to compare their efforts, while having food and refreshments.