Senior Track and Field 2019/20 Season
This newsletter has been sent to all existing(and last season) 15 year old plus members and to the 13 and 14 year olds from last year’s Junior Track and Field section. Registration is now open for the new season.
- U18, U20 and Senior Auckland Relay ChampionshipsThe Athletics Auckland U18, U20 and Senior 4x100m Championships are being held on Sunday the 30th of November. We are looking for athletes who would like to take part, if you would like to be considered please email email@example.com the committee will look at times from Athletics Auckland meets and then times taken at club nights. We can enter multiple teams in age groups if we have the numbers.
- Senior Crop TopsCrop Tops are available for athletes in the Senior section only (15 and above). We have enquiries for Crop Tops as the old style is about to expire, the new one is in the new style and is sublimation printed. Sizes available are from Small women's and up (the sizes are small fit, I would recommend getting the next size up, check the measurements). The cost is $40, we need an order of 10 plus to get them made, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to order one.
- Season Registrations are open All registrations need to be made through the club’s website - http://www.pakurangaathletics.nz/. The process is easy and only takes a couple of minutes.
Payment MUST be made at the time of registration. Athletes are not registered, and won’t receive their PK number until payment has been received.
All Fees remain the same as last season, keep in mind that these cover a six month period – from October 2019 to March 2020
- Club Nights
Club nights incorporates athletes from 14 years through to masters. This is to develop a pathway from the Junior section to Seniors. Our club nights are Mondays from 6pm onwards.
- Team environment & club spirit
Our intention is to continue to grow the team environment as we have found the athletes enjoy the comraderie, and when competing at outside events will always form up as a group for warm ups and to support their teammates competing. We intend to build our relay teams in all age groups earlier in the season. We also hope to fit in a couple of out of town competition weekends.
- Athletics Auckland Event Calendar
The event calendar from Athletics Auckland is out now, follow this link http://athleticsauckland.co.nz/Events . There are going to be a few changes to the combined events and Auckland Champs, once these are confirmed we will let you know.
- Interprovincials - U16 and U18
To be held in Hamilton - 25th January 2020
Each athlete competes in 3 events, The 14/15 yr olds will compete as Under 16’s in a teams competition. In this grade you must either do 1 track and 2 field events or 2 track and 1 field event. Everyone will compete in a medley relay.
The 16/17 yr olds will compete as Under 18’s in a teams competition. In this grade you can do what ever three events you like as long as the team has at least one person in each event.
If you are interested either email or talk to Lincoln, Johan or Greg.
Remember to tell all your family and friends about us
If you have any questions about the upcoming season, please feel free to contact the Senior Track & Field Committee at email@example.com
Senior Track and Field committee