Senior Track and Field 2018/19 Season - Newsletter Three 14/10/2018
The first club night is this Monday the 15th of October from 6pm. Come down to the track, it would be great to see you there, the first two nights don't require registration. This newsletter has been sent to all existing(and last season) 15 year old plus members and to the 13 and 14 year olds from last year’s Junior Track and Field section.
- This weeks programme is 100m, 400m or 800m, short hurdles, Long Jump or Triple Jump, Shot Put or Javelin.
- We are trialing a registration system for club night events, all registered ST&F athletes will receive an invitation to view a document so they can enter the events they wish to compete in on club night. We will need 4 athletes or more to run an event. We will discuss this at tomorrows club night.
- Season Registrations are openAll registrations need to be made through the club’s website - http://www.pakurangaathletics.nz/. The process is easy and only takes a couple of minutes.
Payment MUST be made at the time of registration. Athletes are not registered, and won’t receive their PK number until payment has been received.
Athletics Auckland and Athletics New Zealand have increased their fees slightly this season, hence the slight increase in club fees. However, keep in mind that these cover a six month period – from October 2018 to March 2019
- Club Nights
Club nights incorporates athletes from 14 years through to masters. This is to develop a pathway from the Junior section to Seniors. Our club nights are Mondays from 6pm onwards.
- Athletics Auckland Event Calendar
The event calendar from Athletics Auckland is out now, follow this link http://athleticsauckland.co.nz/Events . There are going to be a few changes to the combined events and Auckland Champs, once these are confirmed we will let you know.
- Interprovincials - U14, U16 and U18
To be held in Christchurch - Easter weekend 19th April to 22nd April 2019
Each team is made up of 44 athletes and each athlete does 4 events and a relay. Entry forms to be back by 18th April. Trial period begins 1st November and finishes December 8th.
U16 & U18 Interprovincials
To be held in Palmerston North - 19th January 2019
Each athlete competes in 3 events, The 14/15 yr olds will compete as Under 16’s in a teams competition. In this grade you must either do 1 track and 2 field events or 2 track and 1 field event. Everyone will compete in a medley relay.
The 16/17 yr olds will compete as Under 18’s in a teams competition. In this grade you can do what ever three events you like as long as the team has at least one person in each event.
If you are interested either email or talk to Lincoln or Greg.
- Put Us In Your Diary
Senior Track and Field starts again in October.
Our first club night will be Monday 15th October. This is the first week of Term 4.
First Athletics Auckland Senior track meet 27th October.
Remember to tell all your family and friends about us
If you have any questions about the upcoming season, please feel free to contact the Senior Track & Field Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Track and Field committee